Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Edit On Open/Close Comment

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Would it be possible for future version of RDM have ability to edit comments? I had used a connection today which I thought I had set to prompt me for comment and when it didn't I needed to add the comment into the SQL side so that it could show up in the Shared Connection Log that I would need to provide to show my connection session and a brief what was done to the client. Currently using 8.9.2.0

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
You can edit the note but you're right about the comment. My only concern would be the security. I will add a policy in the database to allow or not the comment editing. What do you think?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

This is now implemented and it will be in the next beta.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Thanks David, My apologies for being away from the Forum... how about adding a "edited by user on 7/22/2013" to any entry that is made to the comment so that at least we show who and when it was added post connection close???

Felix.

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
This could be done but it could also be deleted if it's part of the comment?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Good point... going to bounce it off my DBA to see what he thinks about having ability to edit close comments post session close to see what he would say as an impartial user. I'm inclined to say it would not be a security issue to be able to add, change, or delete a comment after the session has closed if the intent is not malicious.

Clock6 yrs

David, I think it may be best and cleaner if the policy were only to allow editing to the comments only. Did some chatting with out IT people and the consensus was that the edit on comments would be minimal or no security risk. Also the "edited by user on 7/22/2013" would not be needed as long as the connection session with time is preserved.

Felix.

Clock6 yrs