Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Customize Standard Macro/Scripts/Tools

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
The Standard Macro/Scripts/Tools are always there in the dashboard (Computer Management, Event Viewer,...).
This is of no use for Non-Windows Sessions like Putty, TeraTerm, or even Documents.
We would like to customize which Macro/Scripts/Tools (builtin and self-written) are visible for which Entry Type.

BTW: Wake On Lan is more related to the gerneal sesction (Ping,...) than the Terminals Session.

Maybe you could make some kind of Editor (Like the comon Toolbar Editors in Ultraedit, Directory Opus) to let us customize which Macro/Scripts/Tools are displayed for whcih Entry type, the Order,...

thanks
Peter

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
It's a good point. I already have this on my todo. To be honest, I was planning to filter some remote tool per OS. For example if it's a Linux, don't display anything related to Windows.

What do you think?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi David,
That would be helpful. And also consider Document Sessions. Executing Wake on Lan or Custom Scripts on an Excel Document is confusing for some users ;-)
Also Custom Scripts should have ... checkboxes or something to be displayed only for specific Types/OS. Executing a Remote Powershell script on a Linux or Document session is also confusing.

Since you support so many entry types i think an Editor what should be displayed where might be the more flexible solution (with good defaults).

BTW the entry types are very RDP-Based, e.g. MAC Address for Documents, Tools, ... I know it makes things easier to have a general Dataset-Type like this, but maybe things should be hideable.
This does not fit here really well, but it wanted to mention it: Some things would be better linked than coded into each session. Like: I have a data entry Contact and i can link this to my sessions.

Thanks,
Peter
edited by Peter Cermak (POI) on 7/16/2013

Clock6 yrs

Thank you for your comments. We always try to simplify the UI and you have a lot of good points.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs