Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

.msi install autostart - remove please

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

The .msi is preconfigured to place a shortcut in autostart. I can remove it manually on every .msi i push out. But it's a tad annoying and I cannot find any good reason for a password manager to autostart. Would it be possible to remove the autostart option from the .msi during builds of future releases?

\\ Andreas

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
This is already an option. You can disable the auto start in the installer if you don't want it.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

Thanks for a quick reply!

We're pushing out .msi through GPO and I know I can disable it on every packet we deploy. But I simply can't see how anyone would like to have a password manager to autostart at every logon.

Ohh, well. I'll just go through the process of manually disable autostart on every deploy then.

BR
\\ Andreas

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I understand. PVM only create a shortcut in Startup folder of Windows, could you delete it on logon?

This might be surprising, but we've already removed this feature in the installer and it was requested back. A lot of people want it on logon because anyway they have it configured to start minimized and locked.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

It's hard to please everyone smile

Thanks for your replies!

\\ Andreas

Clock6 yrs

How would you have RDM startup minimized on windows start-up? I tried changing the run option for the window on the shortcut and also adding a reg entry w/o success.

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
This is a setting in the application option File->Options

Startup-up window state

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Thanks again David... I can't believe I missed that setting! - Felix

Clock6 yrs

what about a msi-installer option: /autostart=OFF ?

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I don't know if it possible to add an option like that with the product we use. I will verify

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs