Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

navigation pane auto hide delay

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Feature request to change the delay in ms when hovering mouse over hidden navigation pane and when the pane pops out.

EDIT:
It would also be nice if the navigation pane popped out if you click anywhere on the bar from vertical top to bottom instead of having to hover your mouse only on the button called "navigation"
edited by cyr0nk0r on 6/24/2013

Clock6 yrs

what kind of delay would you want?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

configurable?
Whatever the default is (say 300ms) could be the default value in the box, but users could change it from a value of say 100ms to 1000ms or something.

Although the ability to click anywhere on the navigation vertical bar to pop out of the pane would be much more useful in the near term.

Clock6 yrs

I have verified with the third party we use. I could change the behavior to expand and collapse on click on the text but I can't have the auto expand on mouse over at the same time.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

what about the best of both worlds

Have the hover vs onclick be a configurable setting.

And also change the area that activates the pop out to be the entire vertical bar rather than just the tiny little box at the top.

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I will add an option for that but I can't change the clickable area.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

why?
Why can't the "navigation" button just be bigger or span the entire length of the vertical bar?

Clock6 yrs

This is a third party component and we don't have any control on that. I could post a request, but they mimic the Visual Studio docking behavior.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs