Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

More Fields (+ support in filter)

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
I have a few wink feature requests regarding DATA input, structuring, management, filter, visibility, ...
And since you are so cooperative and gave me an inch i request a lightyear now smile

I'd like to enter more information i can use the filter on:

Like the following in the Informatin-Server Tab (i'm abusing the contact Tab for this infos now, so i can filter the properly):
All the CustomFields are already used.
The keywords are ok, i think each HW-Server needs this information (maybe disabled when IsVirtualMachine is unchecked) :

• Rack
  • Blade Enclosure + Bay
  • Serial Number

Would also be nice to filter on OS

I think the Status should be visible somewhere in the Session Properties (or when viewing the Information). Because when i enter information for a e.g. disabled session other people would like to see why its disabled without opening the session. I would also like to be able to edit the status text (e.g. why this session is disabled). Who set a status should also be easy visible.

e.g. The Software field can't be selected (include...) in the search/filter field. I'd like to fill some Software specific info here and filter on it. Also the Domain would be helpful.

btw. i think the Skype field would be better grouped bottom left to the email, Phone,.. fields instead of the address.

A batch edit for Mac address discovery would be nice also.

So finished for breakfast time Cool

Thanks,
Peter

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

1. Does Blade Enclosure and bay are two fields? Let me know and I will enter a feature request (really simple to add).

2. I have already added the one about the status text.

3. I will add the possibility to include the domain and also a more advanced search tool.

4. I have moved the field Skype in our internal build, you were right

5. Batch edit for the MAC address already exists: Detect All MAC Addresses

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Thank you very much!

Well a Blade Enclosure is a Device hosting multiple HW Servers (Blades) providing common infrastructure (Power, cooling, Networking, Management, Remote access to ILO,...)
Each Blade Server is in a Rack (where the Blade Enclosure is located), the Blade Enclosure and a Bay in the Blade Enclosure. We re-use a common (2-purpose) field we call Details.
This Details Field is either the Blade-Bay or the Height Unit in the Rack.
e.g.
Rackserver01 ; Rack: Rack01 ; Details: 21-23
Bladeserver01 ; Rack: Rack01 ; Blade: Blade01 ; Details: 21-23

The Management Unit of a Blade Enclosure would be a perfect Linked-connection (we do this now per script in the ILO Field).

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
This will be in the next beta

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs