Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Filter - Auto clear

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Would it be possible to have the filter auto clear on a successful RDM connection to allow the Navigation tree view to return to it's previous state instead of having to manually clear it?

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I have entered a feature request for that. This should not be hard to add.

Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Sweet thanks David as that at least for me will make RDM & or PVM that much faster when using the filter to pull up new connections.

Clock6 yrs

Hehe, I was thinking the exact same thing just the other day.

What can I say: Great minds think alike ;0)

Thanks

//Brandur

Clock6 yrs

I think this auto-clearing feature must be optional in UI global or switchable for data source.

We are support ~2000 external clients connections in RDM DB.
Сonnection have detail description and we have to stay on filtered connection and see specifications.
Specification and description are constantly changing, is also changing contact information.
Our team keeps the RDM window open application almost whole day on one display, and openеd sessions on another.

In my business-case it unconditionally feature from respected Felix Vigo dramatically decrease our productivity and service quality ( find - connect - find again for specifications reading and correcting obsolete information or adding new) if will be implemented the same way as in the request.

But auto clearing can be useful when switching data source.
edited by MaEL on 7/2/2013

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
The clear filter will be for sure an option.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I agree with MaEL on having the auto clear as an option as I would not have wanted it as a feature that could not be turned off as in the case of MaEL and his team it would not be beneficial. What I had in mind was having the session list be dynamic and show initially all connections and then as the day went on with the admin it would continue to show the overall structure but have the highlighted active connections shown.

My example:

Open RDM application show connections below, use filter and lookup File Server 1 which would show both from below, and then once I connected to server 1 on site 1 the filter search would clear and it would show Site 1, Servers Folder, File Server 1 in bold and everything else collapsed unless a session in a particular folder is active. Maybe the open session’s option in the navigation pane would be the answer however I am unable to change the views for that part of RDM. Not sure if this feature would slow down RDM or add to its memory requirements but again it was the original idea I was thinking about. I could create a picture of what I mean if needed.

Site 1

Servers Folder
File Server 1
File Server 2
Exchange
SQL

Workstations folder
PC 1

Site 2

Servers Folder
File Server 1
Exchange