Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Feature Request: embeded Tools flexibility

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I would like to suggest a feature enhancement of the embedded Tools (ping+continous, tracert).
After i do a normal ping i can change the hostname and have the choice to do a ping or a tracert.
I would also like to do a continous ping here.

For continous ping i would like to stop it (Not close teh tab) so i can switch here to tracert or something else (see above).

It would also be nice to be able to open a RDP Session directly from the ping Session.

btw:
The Context Menu Macro/scripts/tools is in our team seen as "actions", so people get confused.
the context menu for a session "Action" might be better named as "Session Actions" or "Connection Options" or "Open Session alternate options" ...

I will now implement some custom scripts ;-)

Thanks,
Peter

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I have added your enhancement request for the continuous ping.

What do you mean by open an RDP? Would you like to be able to use a template?

You're right about action. I think that I prefer Connection Options or Alternate Open Action.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

When i execute a e.g. continous ping i would like to have in the context menu of the tab "open Session" and the "Alternate Open Action."

The reason:
I usually work with the search filter.
example:
restart a server and do the continuous ping to see when it's back up.
While it restarts i have 5 other server opened and the fastest and most obvious way to access this server is the already open tab ;-)
so when i have the same possibilities here to open a new session it's easier than switching to nav-history finding out "ah there's a filter active" (i already hav a feature request here to move the filter above the tabs ov the nav bar) ) switching to nav-allEntries, removing the filter or enter a new one to get back to the previous server (where the ping is running)...

regards,
Peter

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I was already planing to add a feature to Restart and wait for reconnect. I think this would simplify your task, isn't?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
I was already planing to add a feature to Restart and wait for reconnect. I think this would simplify your task, isn't?

Only partly because we restart our servers in a special way with a local powershell script to tell the system-management it's a planned operation.

The Requested Feature would allow much better workflows for many use cases and custom scripts.

Clock6 yrs

Ok,
What about if I add the same Session context menu than the one you have in the tree view but directly in the continuous ping?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Ok,
What about if I add the same Session context menu than the one you have in the tree view but directly in the continuous ping?

Good idea! The normal "Open Session" is then on top of this menu (because it's missing in the one now existing)?
For other Session-related Tabs it would be also nice.

On the other hand a "Macro/Scripts/Tools Moenu on the session tab would also be useful. I you want to run a PS-Script against an open session or check tracert,...

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
You will be please to know that I have added a stop button to interrupt the continuous ping. This allow you to change the host or switch to tracecrt.

I also have added the session context menu.

This will be in the next major release (9.0). We really hope to be able release the beta next week. It's a big release again.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Looking forward to 9.0 :-)

I just noticed that the Actions Menu is not available for multiple Session selection. Would you consider this also?
edited by Peter Cermak (POI) on 6/17/2013

Clock6 yrs