Hi

When I've set up a RDP connection in the manager I've found function "subconnections". I wanted to use those when I connect to an RDP session and from there I want to start another RDP session , cause some of our sessions are only available from the primary RDP session. Can those subconnections be used for something like this, or is that impossible?

thx for help

best regards
Marco

Clock5 yrs

Hi

What you are describing is how our "linked sessions" for VPNs work.

SubConnections are mostly to reuse connection details or credentials from the parent, i.e. having one windows server and connecting to it using RDP, a web browser, yet another protocol, etc.

Maurice Côté

Customers that operate Devolutions Server can get remote assistance sessions for performing upgrades, please contact us at

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

How does "linked sessions" work?

best regards
marco

Clock5 yrs

Hi

In the VPN tab, select a value for "Open", our favorite is "Connect if unable to ping"

in "Type", select "Existing Session"

then in the dropdown that appeared in the Details tab, select the session that needs to be opened before the one you're configuring

http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/settings_vpn_linktoexistingsession.htm

Please note that only certain types of entries appear in the dropdown: VPN, SSH, web and command line.

Maurice Côté

Customers that operate Devolutions Server can get remote assistance sessions for performing upgrades, please contact us at

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi Maurice,
I was trying to follow because I wanted to do something similar, start a RDP session from and RDP session.
Is this possible with just a configuration or will it require a powershell script or something like that?

Thanks,

Joe

Clock5 yrs

Currently, you would have to install RDM also on the "management host".

If you have a limited number of sessions you use frequently from that management host, you could go in the advanced tab of the sessions and use the "Create Desktop Shortcut" in order to have them readily available.

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs