Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - AddOns

Bitvise SSH Client: Private Key Support

I am extremely happy to have offical support for the latest version of the Bitvise SSH Client (formerly Tunnelier). Unfortunately, the new add-on fails to work in our environment. We are required to use public/private keypairs for authentication, and when using this new add-on, it does not load or allow access to any of the keys that we have stored in the installed Bitvise SSH Client application, so we are unable to authenticate using the add-on. The previous version of this add-on, named "Bitvise Tunnelier VPN", allowed this functionality.

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
Do you think that it could be because you don't run RDM with the Run As Administrator? By the way, Tunnelier is still available.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Even when run as administrator, the "User Keypair manager" option in the Bitvise SSH client window that is launched remains greyed out. Launching Bitvise on its own, it works fine. And I know that the Tunnelier add-on is still available, but its kinda messy having to create a junction point on every workstation for RDM to be able to find the newer Bitvise SSH Client (in its new directory, with a different executable name).

Clock5 yrs

I will ask André to verify if there is something we can do.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Awesome, thank you!

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
I have added a new option to enable the registry usage. It enables Proxy settings, Host key manager and User keypair manager.
This option makes the session local dependent, so it's false by default.
Would you try it please and give us some feedback.
Regards,

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

BitviseSSHClient1.2.1.1.zip
Clock5 yrs

Testing now, will let you know how it goes!

Clock5 yrs

André, enabling the registry option seems to do the trick! This new option, combined with the Bitvise profile stored in the RDM session, and the session being configured to use the RDM credential repository, works outstandingly well for us. All we have to do is launch the session and put in the password for our key pair and we're up and running! Thank you for your assistance with this issue!

Clock5 yrs