Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

save HTTP / HTTPS password to datasource

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Recently purchased a site license for RDM, great software. I'm still working on configuring it all for company use and have run into something that I was not able to do.

I would like to be able to save web passwords to a data source, HTTP and HTTPS, is this possible? Or does this feature already exist and i'm just missing it?

My company has thousands of servers in the field and one of the things i was hoping to accomplish with this software was to be able to log into DELL remote access controller's web interface without having to go hunt down a password or store it in the system information area.

I'm currently using version 5.7.0.11

thanks

EW
<em>edited by ericw on 1/14/2010</em>

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
I never found a way of doing it. This feature was requested by many users. I still looking for a solution and I will gladly add it if I can find something interesting.

If somebody have some suggestion, I will really appreciate.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

I found some example code a few weeks ago when I was thinking about doing an addon to perform this function. Here's the link: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/recipes/Automatic_Login.aspx

It seems like it might be a good start to that kind of feature. In the authors example code I don't like the fact the password field is hard-coded to search for the element name "password", because it may be the accepted standard naming but not all sites use it for their password field. Ideally I would like to see an option to select the login elements of the page when creating the session in RDM, at least that's what I envisioned when I thought about doing the addon. What do you think? Anything I could help with for this feature?
<em>edited by jskuby on 1/14/2010</em>

Clock9 yrs

Hi Jason,
I already saw some sample like this one, but my concern is the support that this feature will generate if I implement it. It's so difficult to do something generic and many people don't understand the way the html works.

A addon is a good idea.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Definitely a reasonable concern, and I agree the addon sounds like a good method for getting the feature into RDM. That will probably be the next addon I start working on, just as soon as I can pull myself away from Modern Warfare 2 wink

Clock9 yrs