Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

MySQL Administrator

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Good afternoon!
Just an idea (for all webserver/MySQL administrators):

An integration with MySQL Administrator would be helpfull for us!
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/gui-tools/5.0.html

Thanks.

Clock9 yrs

this is the command line string I used to make it work
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Tools for 5.0\MySQLAdministrator.exe" -h<server> -u<user> -p<password>
or
"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Tools for 5.0\MySQLAdministrator.exe" -h<server> -u<user> -p<password>

The same works for Querybrowswer as well

Clock9 yrs

I've been looking for another AddOn to write smile

I think I'll tackle this one sometime over the next few days.

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
It's an excellent candidate for an AddOn. Jason, let me know if you need some help.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

let me know if you need help testing the plugin.

Clock9 yrs

Got a test version together. Right now it only supports MySQL Administrator, but I'm going to add an option to select Administrator, Query Browser or both.

EDIT: Link removed, use the link in the next post

I forgot to mention you should be using the latest beta version from here.
edited by jskuby on 12/30/2009
<em>edited by jskuby on 12/30/2009</em>

Clock9 yrs

Don't even bother with the last one smile

I just added the option to select between the MySQL programs. I also moved the addon from the Other category to the Remote Connections.

EDIT: I fixed Query Browser not launching by itself (it did with Administrator) and other minor change.

MySQLGuiAddOn 1.0.0.1

Let me know if there's anything else that should be added.
<em>edited by jskuby on 12/31/2009</em>

Clock9 yrs

The plugin worked perfectly for me. I will test it out more today to see if I can suggest any changes.

Thanks for the quick work on the plugin.

Clock9 yrs

Thanks for your quick solution jskuby! Plugin works great!

Clock9 yrs

No problem at all, glad to hear it's working for you both. Since I don't get to do programming for my day job (yet), this is the kind of stuff I consider "fun" wink

Clock9 yrs

I was doing a little testing myself with and SSH tunnel and noticed I forgot to add an option for the port number. I've updated the AddOn: MySQLGuiAddOn 1.0.0.2

BTW, I thought I would share a little test I did. I wanted to test a non-default port for MySQL, so I created an SSH tunnel to one of the servers at my work. In order to SSH to that machine, I need my OpenVPN connection up and running. So what I did was in RDM I created the MySQL session and used the VPN tab to launch the SSH tunnel, then I used the SSH tunnel to launch the OpenVPN (using my other addon). Everything worked exactly how it should have (which I was shocked because I wrote 2 of the addons). So moral of the story, you can chain together sessions like that as long as you set the proper wait time(s) in the VPN tab. I must admit it was awesome watching everything launch by itself, because without RDM that would have been a heck of a lot of typing.
edited by jskuby on 12/31/2009
<em>edited by jskuby on 12/31/2009</em>

Clock9 yrs

so far the plugin has been working great.

Thanks Jskuby smile

Clock9 yrs

Hi,

I'am trying to use this plugin bur unfortunately i receive this error:
Enterprise Edition 6.4.8.0

Win32Exception - Le fichier spécifié est introuvable

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName, String arguments)
at RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.MySQLGuiAddOn.MySQLGuiAddOn.ConnectExternal(String aParams)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.Connectors.AddOnConnector.Connect(Connection connection, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnection(Connection connection, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnections(Connection[] connectionList, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ActionManager.OpenConnection(Connection[] currentConnections, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionViews.FreBaseConnectionView.OpenConnection(Connection[] currentConnections, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionViews.FreConnectionTreeView.tvList_NodeMouseDoubleClick(Object sender, TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnNodeMouseDoubleClick(TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Controls.TreeViewXP.WndProc(Message& message)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I am under RDM 6.4.8 and MySQL tools 5.2.34

Thanks

Clock8 yrs

Sorry, Using MySQL Workbench.
Using old GUI tools works fine.
Maybe an update possible?

Have a nice end of WE.

pseudomix wrote:

Hi,

I'am trying to use this plugin bur unfortunately i receive this error:
Enterprise Edition 6.4.8.0

Win32Exception - Le fichier spécifié est introuvable

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName, String arguments)
at RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.MySQLGuiAddOn.MySQLGuiAddOn.ConnectExternal(String aParams)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.Connectors.AddOnConnector.Connect(Connection connection, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnection(Connection connection, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnections(Connection[] connectionList, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ActionManager.OpenConnection(Connection[] currentConnections, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionViews.FreBaseConnectionView.OpenConnection(Connection[] currentConnections, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Frames.ConnectionViews.FreConnectionTreeView.tvList_NodeMouseDoubleClick(Object sender, TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnNodeMouseDoubleClick(TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Controls.TreeViewXP.WndProc(Message& message)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I am under RDM 6.4.8 and MySQL tools 5.2.34

Thanks

Clock8 yrs

Hi,
Just to know, MySQL Workbench is the new GUI?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock8 yrs

Yes, since 2009 i think.

Clock8 yrs