Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Extend filter capabilities

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi David,

First of all kudos for the tremendous job you did here. i'm interesting in two features:

1. Filter - do you think you will be able to extend the filter for IP address along the Hostname and the description? the thing is that sometimes our clients refer us to IP address without knowing the hostname.
2. Sorting - Do you plan to add any sorting by naming option?
3. Uniqe user name and password, i saw you are planning to implement credentials manager, is it possible just to add the option not to store User name locally ( the same way as the password) it could be a workarround till you implement the long term soultion?

best regrads,

Amnon

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
First of all, thank you for your comments. I have some details and some questions:

1. I'm already planning filter option and IP / host name is a good idea. I will take a look at this feature soon.

2. I'm not sure I understand, what kind of naming option do you want, do you have an example ?

3. Again I'm not sure I understand, if you leave the username field blank, it does not work ? Also, you can use the string %USERNAME% to get the current username.

I'm waiting for your explanation.

David Hervieux
Devolutions

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hi David,

Thanks for your quick response:

1. Please ignore the sorting option, what i meant to say is that when creating a few machines and store them in folder (example www01, www02, www03) and you decide to delete one of them (lets say www02) and then recreate it the order changes, my question was if i can reorder/sort the list after i add the machine, but i see it's already sorted in a perfect way smile .
2. regard the user name - we are group of people that want to share the connections details, each one of us got different user name and password, when we manage one of our datacenters we are logged into different domain with different user name and password. we dont want to share our user names and password, the question i ask is if we can have the option to store the user name and password locally (per client) and by that avoid their sharing. i hope i made my self clear now, please do hasitate to ask more if you are still not sure my i mean.

Cheers,

Amnon
winksmile

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
In the Enterprise Edition with SQL Server, there is an option named "Edit Session (User Specific)" Those settings are saved in the database and they are used as an override of the default settings. You can enter your own credential. If this option is grayed out, it's because your current RDM user is not added in the RDM user administration.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs