Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - SDK

Close session doesn't work properly w/OpenVPN GUI

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Using the OpenVPN AddOn I can launch a session and connect without issue, but I can't get the Close session option to work properly If I leave up the prompt for auth after launching an OpenVPN session, then use Close session, it will close the auth prompt but not the OpenVPN GUI application. Is there something I can do (wrap the OpenVPN GUI launch in another exe) to work around or fix this issue? How does the Close session option work with the AddOns? Is there something I'm missing (in code) that will fix this issue?

EDIT: Closing a session seems to work OK with your SQL AddOn, so I'm wondering what the difference is other than OpenVPN GUI is a tray app? Is RDM looking for a window to close, as opposed to a process?

Thanks
<em>edited by jskuby on 12/20/2009</em>

Clock10 yrs

Hi,
The close is not exposed, by default a Window message is sent to the process, maybe it's not enough for OpenVPN. I will check if I can expose a close API.

Thank you

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

That would be great. I've been working like crazy trying to refine this plugin so I can go into "maintenance mode" on it and start up another addon or two (I've already got some ideas), and this is the last thing that will make the addon completely automated smile

Clock10 yrs

Hi,
I released an unofficial beta and it's already available, maybe you can give me some feedback:

http://remotedesktopmanager.com/download/Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Bin.5.7.0.10.zip

I'm uploading the the binaries with the code for the after close. Just override this method from "BaseSessionAddOn2":

public override void AfterClose(string aParams) {
}

You receive your original parameters.

I hope this help.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs

Thanks David! That means I should be able to force quit OpenVPN and perform some temp file cleanup (imported connections are written to a temp dir for OpenVPN to read). I'll let you know how it goes later tonight.

Clock10 yrs

Success! I've got the addon killing OpenVPN and cleaning up temp files using the AfterClose method. Thanks again David!

Clock10 yrs

Hi,
Great news, thank to you.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock10 yrs