Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - SDK

OpenVPN AddOn

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

As I mentioned in another thread I'm working on an AddOn for OpenVPN support. I spent a good portion of my day adding an import option which stores config parameters and certificate and key files in the RDM data source. I'm including a couple screenshots and would like to get some feedback before I release it. What options don't you see that you would need? OpenVPN has a lot of options, but I don't want the AddOn to get too cluttered so let's stick to necessities. I want to include the most common options, but that's hard when I don't know what other options people use :/

edited by jskuby on 12/19/2009
edited by jskuby on 12/20/2009
<em>edited by jskuby on 12/20/2009</em>

Clock10 yrs

I've been working on the AddOn quite a bit and I'm at a point that I'm comfortable with some people testing it. It currently supports the following:

* Run OpenVPN config from PC or store connection in an RDM data source (config/files are generated on-the-fly when session is launched)
* Import and export OpenVPN (.ovpn) configuration and files (let me know if there's any options that are missing)
* Supports multiple OpenVPN servers per connection (uses OpenVPN's <connection> blocks)
* Every form field has a tooltip description

I've been testing with 3 different OpenVPN configurations while developing, so hopefully that covers some typical use cases. There's not much in the way of exception handling, so if you get an error while using this addon please send/post it the detail. Here are some links to updated screenshots and the download link for a test version:

Screenshots
Download OpenVPNAddOn 1.0.0.0
<em>edited by jskuby on 12/31/2009</em>

Clock10 yrs

I've got a basic page up for it on my site. Feel free to link to the page or the download link directly.

OpenVPN AddOn for RDM

Clock10 yrs