Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Addon support for VPN tab in session config

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello David, long time no chat wink

I finally got around to creating a basic OpenVPN AddOn for RDM (and it works!) and would like to be able to link these connections to the VPN tab for another session. Would it be possible to add a flag in your AddOn framework to recognize an AddOn as a VPN session for inclusion into the VPN tab? That just seems like the easiest way (to me anyway, you know your software better than I smile) to get an AddOn session into that dropdown list without including all AddOns. Of course once I make the AddOn a bit more robust I'll happily post it for everyone to use, which will probably happen over this weekend.

Clock9 yrs

In case you're interested, here's a screenshot of my progress on the addon so far:

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
GREAT !!! I'm really happy that you did it. I can see from your screenshot that you are using the version 5.7 in beta ? You're right, I need to expose the flag (already got it internally) for the VPN list and it can only be done in the version 5.7. I will do it this week end. Let me know if you want me to add the AddOn on our web site with a reference to you.

I was already planning an update for the SDK with new interface specific to VPN. You will be able to migrate your code easily to this new set of interface when it's ready. Why a new API ? This will allow you to open the connection and also close it.

Thank you

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

I'm currently using the 5.7.0.6 beta, I like to stay on the bleeding edge smile

It's good to hear this request was already in development, especially with the open/close feature. That was something that slowed down my testing a bit last night having to go back and forth between RDM and the tray icon to close OpenVPN (actually our own customized build of OpenVPN, cause we're cool like that at my work wink). I'm also trying to work out a way to store the complete config in RDM, that way not every person that uses the connection has to have the config stored on their machine. I've thought it through, just haven't have time to implement yet. Once I implement that feature I'll send you the download link so you can post it.

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
With the next version (5.7.0.8), add this line to your AddOn:

public override bool SupportPreConnect {
get {
return false;
}
}

Your addon will now be listed in the vpn drop down.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

I added the newest (5.7.0.8) RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.dll, but I'm getting this error when I try to use the SupportPreConnect param:

Error 1 'RemoteDesktopManager.AddOn.OpenVPNAddOn.OpenVPNAddOn.SupportPreConnect': no suitable method found to override

Clock9 yrs

I got it. I had to change the class I was extending from BaseSessionAddOn to BaseSessionAddOn2.
<em>edited by jskuby on 12/20/2009</em>

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
Sorry my mistake, you're right. You can also change the category.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

dhervieux wrote:

Hi,
With the next version (5.7.0.8), add this line to your AddOn:

public override bool SupportPreConnect {
get {
return false;
}
}

Your addon will now be listed in the vpn drop down.

BTW, I had to set it to true for it to be recognized wink

Clock9 yrs

Double sorry smile It's Sunday evening, it's time for me to go to bed.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs