Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

PopUps in embedded web browser

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I miss an option to enable popups in embedded browser.

Eg. Opening Outlook Web Access, log in, write new mail or reply, a new window will appear. Normaly (native IE) you can directly start to write the message. In RDM you have to logon again... every time (!) you open a new message window...

Thanks in advance
Stefan

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
I will take a look, but I got many other problems with popup in embedded mode. I will do more test.

Thank you

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

I haven't run into this issue but maybe it would be easier if Firefox or Chrome could be embedded rather than just IE? I know it's on the list :-) But, the mRemote project (open source) had Firefox embed support for a long time as long as you downloaded the right Firefox addon to allow it, maybe how they did it will give you some idea? I'd really like to not use IE but I do want to use embedded stuff like my helpdesk! OK I'm kind of hijacking this thread but my thought is...maybe it's easier to handle popups with a different browser engine as a workaround? With Outlook Web Access on Exchange 2010, the web interface is as good in Chrome/Safari/Firefox as it is in IE :-)

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
You right, mRemote support it and I will try add this, maybe it will help. There is so many great ideas coming from all of you, it's just a matter of time smile

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

Hey, I'm happy mRemote is no longer actively developed, it's what I was using but it going commercial with future development is what prompted me to look for (and find) RemtoeDesktopManager! Which is already light years ahead in terms of protocols supported (just having LogMeIn support is awesome), so no complaints here :-) I think the mRemote embedded firefox-type setup used Gecko, the Firefox rendering engine, directly rather than actually working from Firefox itself, which is why they required the separate download of the rendering engine. I figured it might give you more control over what to do with popup windows etc. though that's just a guess.

Clock9 yrs

Any progress on embedding non-IE browsers? I'm going more remote support of pfSense firewalls and there are script errors when IE is used and there's no built-in SVG support for viewing some graphs. Would love an embedded Chrome and/or Firefox option! I wonder if ChromeFrame could be used somehow? http://www.google.com/chromeframe maybe "virtually" send the HTTP header that turns ChromeFrame on inside the embedded IE so all pages get rendered by ChromeFrame inside IE?

Also, in a kind-of-related request, I'd really like to see support for using LastPass.com inside of RDM. At least for web browser type connections, it would be nice to be able to use password fill and form fill from within the embedded browser (IE or FF/Chrome when added) if logged into LastPass in another open Browser already. This may require some cooperation from the LastPass folks too, not sure, but they have a Client/Plugin/Extension for just about everything else out there on every platform, and I bet something like their IE-anywhere-plugin (run .exe from flash drive and it inserts itself in any running IE instance on a new computer for temporary use) could be made to work in RDM rather easily.

But, embedding non-IE would be my first request! Thanks for all the new features in the latest release, they haven't gone unnoticed and I'm saving time with many of them every day. The "Reconnect" option for RDP when right-clicking the tab has been extremely useful for example, to avoid typing password to unlock locked server where RDM has creds saved.

Clock9 yrs

Hi David,
The embedded Firefox is one a the feature that we want to add in the version 5.9, but I must admit that I never thought of ChromeFrame and It's a really good idea. I will add to verify if it's possible to use it, but it's might be good.

For lastpass, it's something I really want to explore, but I'm not sure how easy it will be.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs