Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

TeamViewer 8 and Putty

I can reproduce a bug using TeamVewer 8 and RDM with Putty. I think it is more TeamViewer or Putty related - but you will know better.

If RDM is started after TeamViewer and I try to open an emedded Putty session the screen redraw will fail and the putty window can't be embeded completly. I can't access the embeded screen and have to kill RDM per task manager. After that the Putty window is still there and usable.

If TV is not running, everything goes well.
Please have a look at the attached screen (sorry, had to blank some parts of it).

TeamViewer adds a function to each window to be able to share only this window for conferencing.

I'm using:
Win7 Prof. 64 bit
RDM 8.2.11.0
TeamViewer 8.0.18051 (www.teamviewer.com)
Putty 0.62
edited by kraeMit on 5/13/2013

Best regards
kraeMit

RDM & TeamViewer & Putty 20130513162654.png
Clock6 yrs

Hi,
We use some Windows API to embed Putty. I suspect that TV interfere with our calls. Could you try in File->Options in the advanced tab page to check Use old Putty Integration to see if this makes a difference?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

I can confirm this problem.
The "Use old Putty Integration" Option doesn't solve it.

Clock6 yrs

I am using teamviewer 8 free .
I face some problem every few sec discounnect teamviewer for 10 to 11 min.
can any one help me.

Thanks

Clock6 yrs

TV disconnect?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

sounds more like teamviewer is disconnecting you cause of "buisness detection". if you connect a lot to different teamviewer hosts, they think you use it in professional environment and this is not allowed with the free version.

Clock6 yrs

probably i and my team have same problem with teamviewer and RDM

My earlier topic related to kraeMit, IMHO:
http://forum.devolutions.net/topic2678-rdm-cant-activate-teamviewer-app.aspx

We steel can't activate second TV session or if TV connection window is activ and wait session details.
I can't reproduce this behavior on my home laptop with Win XP and localbase.

On each workplace we have Windows 7 x64 with all actual updates and Teamwiever 6.0.15803 Corporate (no limits by time)

It's appear from version 7.6.
In earlier versions all was OK.

But this little BUG does not prevent recommend our partners to use RDM.
edited by MaEL on 7/9/2013

Clock6 yrs

rashid.alik wrote:

I am using teamviewer 8 free .
I face some problem every few sec discounnect teamviewer for 10 to 11 min.
can any one help me.

Thanks

Try using TV without RDM. TV will disconnnect automaticly after every 5 or 10 minutes, if you connect to a comercial version or if you have to many comercial connections ... I'm not sure about ... but we had some issuses in this, before we get the money for TV to go for correct licencesing :-)

Best regards
kraeMit

Clock6 yrs