Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Drag tabs to reorder; color tab groups

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I'd like to be able to drag tabs to reorder them. I've seen it work once or twice but mostly it doesn't, in the newest beta 5.7.0.6, but I've never seen them drag before that I can recall in the latest stable version. Would be nice to color-code tabs from different connection files too...so if I have two companies each with their own connection file I can tell which tabs came from which. Or, in addition or alternately, what about setting a color per folder in the tree and letting all tabs opened from in that folder inherit the color?

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
Drag and drop of tabs was added in the beta, let me know if you it does not work or if you find a bug.

I added your other request to my todo list.

Thank you

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

OK I played with drag and drop in the beta a bit more. It doesn't work all the time. I have two RDP connections to Server 2008 machines open for example, the only two connections open. If I drag the right tab to the left, it works. If I drag it again, sometimes it works, if I drag the right tab to the left again, it always doesn't work on the third try. I can then move back and forth, trying to drag left to right or right to left, and it doesn't work (mouse cursor doesn't change to indicate dragging, and it doesn't move), until I switch to make a new tab active, then drag starts working again. I've seen a couple of other times where I just took two connections and moved them around and I'm not sure exactly in what order, but it always stops working until I make the other tab active, then starts working again.

I haven't messed with more than two open at once while dragging, figured I'd start simple :-) Feel free to move to the Bugs forum since it actually belongs there now...or let me know; I can open a new post there.

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
It work fine for me BUT I think I know the problem, when you drag, you must drag it a little bit down. I must do the drag and manually and don't trigger the mouse click. Maybe the drag is not sensitive enough. This is why you don't get the drag icon.

I will change that.

Thank you

David Hervieux

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs

No, no matter which way I drag, it always locks up (no tabs are draggable) at some point. Usually when I'm trying to drag a tab that does NOT have focus, but once I try and it fails, I can't drag any tabs until I change the focus to another tab and then I can drag again. I did see it where after one drag of the tab with focus, I couldn't immediately click and drag the same tab again (or any others), too. If you can't replicate I can probably take some sort of screen capture video. I'm on Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit with beta 5.6.0.7.

Clock9 yrs

Hi,
I did two small fixes and I was able to replicate it. Wait for the next release and give it a try, I think that it's much better now.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs