Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

SQL Exception: Timeout expired

I get the attached error when trying to add things to RDM. It doesn't matter what I add or even if I close the program and open it again. I was able to add something just previous to this but now keep getting this error pop up.

RDM error.docx
Clock5 yrs

Could you try to increase the timeout value in the data source configuration. Perhaps database maintenance could help as well

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187658.aspx

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

What database maintenance would you suggest because I have increased the timeout up to 120 seconds and we are still getting the error?

Clock5 yrs

Hi

is the DB using the simple or full recovery model? Very often the DB has gigabytes of transaction logs because a maintenance plan hasnt been created and the DB files just keep on growing and growing.

Maurice Côté

Customers that operate Devolutions Server can get remote assistance sessions for performing upgrades, please contact us at

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

It is using the full recovery model.

Clock5 yrs

Is the transaction log a size you would expect, or it's much bigger than the database?

Maurice Côté

Customers that operate Devolutions Server can get remote assistance sessions for performing upgrades, please contact us at

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

The database is 403MB and the log is 813MB.

Clock5 yrs

Hi

Indeed it seems the DB is not covered by a maintenance plan. Could you send me a private message so we can discuss the matter?

In the left column, click on my name which is an hyperlink, in the next screen in the middle you'll see the Private Message callout.

Regards

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs