Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

More visible "open embedded" option

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I've been turning friends on to RemoteDesktopManager left and right, and they all like it a lot but the one thing several have asked me is "how do I make remote desktop sessions open in tabs inside the program?" I didn't see this immediately when I started using it but when I found the Open Embedded (tabbed) checkbox and it worked, I use that option exclusively (keeping everything organized in one window is the main reason I use a manager...if I wanted different windows I'd use the standalone Remote Desktop client and a bunch of .rdm files).

Anyway, what about making the Embedded option the default for Remote Desktop connections, and/or making the option more visible/easy to find, since I've had several people almost give up on it until they ask how to make the connections tabbed?

I also had one person look at the RDM website today and think that SQL Server was required to run it at all, and not just an option if you wanted a centralized connections store. Obviously that's not the case, but it was the first impression they got...and they almost overlooked trying it for that reason.

Clock9 yrs

Hi David,
There is already an option in the application to create all the new session as embedded. You're right, I should change the checkbox to something more visible, I have an idea and I will try to add this in the next beta. I will also update the web site for SQL Server. I want to be sure that there is no misunderstand.

Thank you for all your precious comments.

David Hervieux
Devolutions inc.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock9 yrs