Forum / Wayk Now - Bug Report

Wayk Now in RDM not showing chat window

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I've noticed with some, not all, wayknow sessions (2020.1.3 and RDM 2020.1.7.0) the chat window will not always appear on the remote PC when a message is sent via the embedded chat window in the embedded WaykNow session.

Are you able to reproduce this?

Clock9 days

Hi Martin

I did just make a quick test and I couldn't quickly reproduce the issue, although you do say it is only on *some* sessions.

We will look into this more closely.

In the meantime - if you send a chat message from an embedded RDM session, and the chat window does not appear on the remote machine, what happens if you open the chat window manually?

You can do this by right-clicking the Wayk Now system tray icon, and within the "Sharing" submenu choose "Chat". This nominally shows the chat window. Once the chat window is open, is your message visible?

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock9 days

I attempted to do this again to check what you had suggested, however I encountered another issue while doing this. I again had an open Wayk Now session that was a child entry of a RDP session. I attempted to send a user a message via the embedded chat again, and every time I hit 'enter' to send I received the prompt below. I selected 'No' multiple times and then RDM would show the 'send error report' dialogue, which I sent. I attempted this numerous times but was unable to send the message without receiving this prompt. Also, while attempting to open Wayk Now sessions after RDM had been idle all night, I received numerous 'Connect Core' errors. Eventually, it was able to connect. I will continue testing to check what you suggested and report back.

Clock8 days

Hello Martin

Thanks for the detailed follow up.

With regard to the "Unable to connect to data source" prompt; that does seem strange. It almost seems as though you have focus and are pressing Enter in the embedded Wayk Now chat window, but RDM thinks the focus is somewhere else (and hitting Enter in whatever that location is, is causing the prompt). I did look at the implementation for the embedded Wayk session and I don't see anything in the key handler that could trigger that prompt directly. I will check with the QA team to see if that matches any behaviour seen elsewhere with RDM.

With regard to the connection failures after RDM was idling overnight; we made some changes in Wayk Now in 2020.1.0 (that was mid-January) that fixed some issues around detecting dropped or timed out network connections (most specifically - the connection to Wayk Den). The symptoms of that issue sound similar to what you experienced; I will check if the version of RDM you have incorporates those changes (I suspect not).

Please let us know if you manage to reproduce the issue with the chat window not opening on the remote machine (and the behaviour if you manually open the window).

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock8 days