Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Android - Support

FN key in Devolutions Mobile on Android

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Dear Colleagues,

I was trying to find a way to send Fn to ssh session via Devolutions Remote Desktop Mobile on Android - haven't managed to do so.
I use Midnight commander and want to send Fn combinations.

Also tried tric with "Esc + digit" - doesn't work as well.

Tried to find in guide - no luck.

Can you please point me out on how to send Fn ?

Clock9 days

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us on that matter!

According to my tests, this key is not currently supported. but that is something I will need to confirm this with our Engineering Department.
That being said, could you please clarify what you are trying to achieve? I might then be able to find a way to do this in RDM Android.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock8 days

of course.
I like Midnight Commander. And many function in it can be executed using F1-F10 keys.

Also there is a workaround for putty and other ssh clients so that you can send Esc+digit that emulates this but for Devolutions on Android this is not a case.

So I can't use Midnight commander functions properly.
I used JuiceSSH client on Android previously and it could send Fn combinations.

Clock8 days

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply!

That being said, we would like to know if you are testing this function using the "keyboard software". If so, could you please try to connect with a physical keyboard and see if this issue still occurs?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock8 days

not sure I understand.
What do you mean by "physical keyboard" ? to my Android Samsung phone ?

Clock8 days

My apologies, I mean a physical keyboard that you can connect to your device with Bluetooth.

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock8 days

I'm afraid I do not have bluetooth keyboard (

Clock8 days

Hi Sergey,

After investigation, we found several problems with the physical keyboard and the soft keyboard. The issue has been added to our todo list.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Dufour

signaturesignature

Clock4 days