Forum / Devolutions Online Services - Support

multiple accounts allowed?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

the question is basically the title.

My point would be having basically multiple wayk dashboards on multiple accounts (e.g. personal and for business or of different support clients and whatnot).

I mean one could think that this as quite obviously being not only allowed but supported as the dashboard seems to have a multi-sign in feature but it's obviously better to ask.

Clock28 days

If you switch between logged in accounts, there is nothing preventing you from using multiple accounts. However, the current Wayk dashboard is currently limited to listing Wayk Now unattended machines registered under a personal Devolutions account.

We do plan on being able to offer more control over machine listing when we start bringing features from the Wayk Den on-premises back into the cloud version. However, this will come at a later time because of important required features such as the support for Devolutions organization accounts that would make this possible for the Wayk Den cloud version.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock28 days

btw what does "unattended registration" even do besides adding them into the dashboard of that account?

also in fact at least to how it appears for me I just need to "log in" to the devolutions account and that gets marked as the wayk den user, but the register for unattended access link only results in unexoected errors

Clock28 days

Hi,

Unattended registration within the context of the public Wayk Den does not provide much except register the unattended machine and associate it with your account. The real deal for unattended registration will be with organization-controlled Wayk Den (on-premises at this point) deployments, where unattended machines will be part of a specific Wayk Den, rather than linked to a single account. In the case of an on-premises Wayk Den, unattended machine registration is more akin to a machine joining Active Directory.

You can see some screenshots of the current version of the Wayk Den on-premises with a step-by-step getting started guide here:
https://github.com/Devolutions/WaykDen-ps/blob/master/docs/getting-started-argo.adoc

However, I feel that in your case, making a complete Wayk Den on-premises deployment may be overkill.

Speaking of which, can you elaborate on what problem specifically you are trying to solve by using Wayk Now?

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock28 days

basically what I am trying is multiple things:

1) help people with problems in a company along with partially managing them over wayk if needed (so they would get wayk as a fixed install with me making bookmarks or whatever, maybe unattended access)

2) arrange for having a perma remote install to help people if they need it (again perma wayk install, also keep a bookmark or whatever, but 100% no remote access)

3) quick-help people remotely, no install, no bookmark, no nothing.

4) Manage my own stuff

so basically an all-you-can-do buffet of wayk in action.

basically 3 and 4 as well as each entity of 4 would get a seperate account to keep them seperate and not mixed together and hopping around the dens wouldnt be fun either.

I kinda think wayk den on premise is oriented a lot towards enterprise although neither the Place I work at nor the places I am aware of at 1 are that.

Clock28 days

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to describe the kind of problem you are trying to solve. Indeed, our initial target audience is enterprise customers more than individuals. Individuals can still use the Wayk Den on-premises given that they're willing to deploy it themselves. As such, it remains an interesting option since there are relatively few solutions of the kind on the market right now. We will also keep pricing attractive for deployments with relatively few users, with a Wayk Den Free version and a Wayk Den Enterprise version, just like Wayk Now Free vs Wayk Now Enterprise. When we get to it, the Wayk Den Enterprise license will unlock advanced features. The current version of Wayk Den is still free at this point, since features we intend to restrict to the licensed version are not available yet.

I think we will be able to better serve your needs when we bring features of the Wayk Den on-premises back into the cloud version, but this is not going to happen within a short time frame. In the meantime, feel free to take a look at competing products, many of them are suitable for your specific needs, no hard feelings.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock28 days

granted I like wayk a lot for a lot of reasons, one of them being obviously the fact that (in limited fashon) it is the only one I know so far that even has a free version for commercial use, which is generally awesome, while others apparently even hide basic features like bookmarks behind an even higher Tier, also I really dig the fact that the licenses are named user ones aka no limit on what or how many PCs I can use them on, and that the enterprise immediately opens up unlimited connections, while on others getting more than one is already a very expensive thing to do and especially as a very small place which is still in its more or less infancy wayk is a blessing, but also kinda a diamond in the rough.

There are many things done right, others that can improve which is why I am placing as much feedback as I possibly can to help wayk get better

granted there are scenarios where wayk would totally fall flat especially on the license model (like in a many seat few connections scenario) but I dont use that scenario and therefore I dont need to care about it.

and I think wayk can with some improvements really shake the market. especially for smaller businesses wayk offers a fairly nice solution, I mean for example one different solution has a multiseat license with 2 concurrent connection, so basically max 2 users simultaneously) costs almost 1200€ per year, while if you are only 2 people wayk is only 300$ per year which is quite a difference.

and having the dashboard not only as a thing to list your registered PCs but also as a place to sync bookmarks around would be awesome (even better could be for example syncing down to the registered clients but even I think that's too greedy)

Clock28 days

Thank you for your deep interest in the Wayk Now product. I would like to add to something you've said:

"There are many things done right, others that can improve which is why I am placing as much feedback as I possibly can to help wayk get better"

I understand you've been giving us a lot of feedback with the best intentions, and I thank you for that. However, the amount of questions, comments and suggestions we have received from you since the holidays has become quite a distraction for our development team that ultimately had to answer most of them due to their technical nature or because they covered detailed aspects of the application. This includes questions that came in through various communication channels (twitter, support tickets, the forum, etc). I would like to kindly ask you not to send as much feedback as you possibly can, but instead keep it to a minimum for questions that truly matter to you, related to specific problems you are trying to solve.

By restricting feedback to the things that truly matter for actual problems (not potential problems), you will be helping us stay focused on our development work for new features (especially those that might make a difference for you), and we will be able to provide better answers to a manageable number of questions. I understand you are just trying to help and I do not blame you, I just wanted to address this communication issue.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock28 days