Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Bug found, affects all RDM 2019.x versions and up

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I've updated from 14.1.3.0 enterprise to 2019.x 1st release approx. 1 year ago with the result of getting a NPE error after login to my MySQL datasource and the navigation tree no longer loading. This rendered my RDM almost unusable so I sent a bug report and reverted to 14.1.3.0.

Today, I've attempted to upgrade from 14.1.3.0 to 2019.2.24.0 - unfortunately, the bug is still there.

I've figured out the root cause and please, devs, fix this.

After the NPE crash occured, I reverted back to 14.1.3.0 again and went to "Settings > UI > Custom Settings" to turn off the "Automatic Column Width in Navigation View" setting. After that, my update to 2019.2.24.0 was successful and the navigation tree was shown as usual. I don't have any DSN errors, schema check passed OK.

Let me know if you need more info. I've also filed a bug report under my mail address @polygon-design.com

Thanks and keep up the good work.

ThRe.

Clock29 days

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us on that matter!

That being said, after your initial update from 14.1.3.0 to RDM 2019.2.24.0, did you see a "Red X" in your Navigation Pane or it was simply empty?
As for the bug report you have sent us, did you sent it to ticket@devolutions.net? If so, we currently have nothing under "@polygon-design.com"

Also, since this issue is written in English, I will move it to our Support (English) section as well.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock28 days

Thanks for your reply.

That being said, after your initial update from 14.1.3.0 to RDM 2019.2.24.0, did you see a "Red X" in your Navigation Pane or it was simply empty?

It was simply empty. To submit the bug report, I've used the "send report" button within RDM.

Clock28 days

You are more than welcome!

Which email address have you used within the application to send the report and when did you send this report?

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock28 days

I used the one given in my forum profile. (Don't want to post publicly) The report was sent in the morning between 09.00 and 10.00 o'clock.
You can easily reproduce it by ticking "Automatic Column Widths in navigation pane", I guess.

Clock28 days

Btw I've discovered the "close" button on an active tab is invisible now, but I can still click it to close the tab.

Unbenannt.png
Clock28 days

Hello,

I have contacted you via Private Message in order for us to gather more information about this issue.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock28 days