Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Question about different Credentials

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Is it possible to have different credential settings and have connections use one or the other?
thanks

Clock2 mths

Hello,

From what I understand you wish to be able to have the choice between multiple credentials when you launch a connection? If so, the Password List entry might be the entry type you are looking for, For more information on that matter, please refer to this link: https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/credentials_passwordlist.htm

If I am mistaken, could you please clarify what you are trying to achieve and provide me the version of RDM and the type of Data Source you are currently using?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

basically i have groups of devices that use the same credentials and that are not fixed and change every 3 months or so.
I tried what you said and basically i need 4 clicks and 2 mouse moves in order to choose a specific credential from the list which I find a little cumbersome.

What I wanted to know if I could in each device define which entry from the list is always chosen by default when logging in (double click). And then when the password had to change I would do it globally in my credentials.

I use 2019.2.21

Clock2 mths

Hello,

Thank you for this clarification!

In that case, I still think that the Password List entry would suit your needs.

If you go in the property of an entry (RDP in the screenshot below) that has a "Credential Repository" pointing to a "Password List" entry, you will notice that you have a link underneath the name of your "Password List" entry.

This link can be used to select a single credential contained in your Password list. In doing so, you won't be prompted to select a credential upon launching your entry anymore, it will use the credential you selected instead:
PasswordList

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

PasswordList.png
Clock1 mth

Awesome, that works fine.
Is it possible to define the credentials for a site or folder and have all connection below use the Inherited credentials defined for the site?

Thanks a lot for your help

Clock29 days

Hello Ricardo,

of course - you can set the credentials on folder level and on all child connections you have to configure the credentials to Inherited. More infos about you'll find here

Regards,
Min

Clock29 days