Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Beta

Move Between Vaults in 2019.2.12.0

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

We recently installed the latest Beta (2019.2.12.0) in our Test environment and found that the Move Between Vaults option is only available to administrators. Are there new permissions or settings that we need to configure in order for our users to take advantage of this new feature?

Clock20 days

Hello,

To be able to move an entry, users need to have Add and Edit. Is the user have access to these right?

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock16 days

Do they need Add and Edit if we are using Active Directory Groups with Roles? I only see Add/Edit available under Security Groups(legacy)

Clock16 days

Hello,

The rights I'm talking about is the one located under the Permissions tab. You can use your roles to assign access.

Add+Edit+DPS

Also, please confirm that the user type is not Read-only but User.

User+Type

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Add_Edit_DPS.png
User_Type.png
Clock14 days

Thanks for that information. I verified that the roles we are using already have Add & Edit permissions. The user I am testing under is set to User and not read-only for the User Type. I even tried giving the user Add & Edit permissions directly on the Vault with no luck. Any suggestions?

Clock14 days

Could you try to use the latest stable version of RDM 2019.2.24.0? Also what type of data source are you connected to?

Regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock14 days

We currently do not have RDM. We are using the web interface and our data source is Password Server(SQL DB). One thing I did notice was that if I made the user an Administrator then they have the option to move between vaults.

Clock14 days

Hello,

I'm afraid that I was testing with RDM as the main client. I performed many tests with the Web App and the move appears only for admins, which is an issue that we will correct.

I opened a ticket with the engineering department. We will update you when the issue is fixed.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock12 days

Thanks for the update David! Would it also be possible to add the ability to move an entry from a user's private vault to a shared vault?

Clock9 days

This is not yet in our plan yet, I recommend to create a feature request on the forum https://forum.devolutions.net/forum34-devolutions-password-server--feature-request.aspx . This forum is directly connected with the DPS team.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock8 days