Forum / Wayk Now - Feature Request

Cursor Control and Movement

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

In using an iOS device, rather than controlling the movement, of the cursor on the target system, it would be nice if the iOS device acted more like a touchscreen for the target device. When I select a location on the iOS device, the cursor would follow to that location. This makes finding and using the cursor easier.
In addition, being able to 'left click and hold' would be valuable to allow for dragging Windows desktop windows around.

Clock3 mths

Hello

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion.

I could certainly envisage adding this. We would need to add a method for switching between this method and the current behaviour. If the issue is finding the cursor, there are other changes we could consider as well - for example, a way to highlight or enlarge the cursor (either permanently or on-demand). I know this is handled slightly differently by our Android client so we will take a look there as well.

It is currently possible to drag on the remote system by making a "double-tap-and-hold" gesture. That is; make a double-tap but keep your finger held down on the second tap. Then drag your finger around.

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hello again

Regarding the mouse input mode, I've entered an enhancement ticket on our side. Such an input mode would also improve our compatibility with the new iPad OS mouse support. There's no timeline for making the changes, but I will post back here when we have some news. In the meantime, I would encourage other users to add their voice here if this is a desirable feature.

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths