Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Weird characters when inserting quotes, tildes or carets in SSH Shell

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

When I try to insert a quote ", a tilde ~ or a caret ^ in a SSH Shell, the terminal shows "D before inserting these characters (depending on the character used). I've tried changing the terminal encoding to UTF8, but this did not fix the issue.

- Quote " shows: "D
- Tilde ~ shows: ~D
- Caret ^ shows: ^D

Is there a setting somewhere that hides these characters?

Regards,
Mark

Clock3 mths

Hi Mark,
I am pretty sure it is a bug, and I think I have found how to fix it. Just to be sure, I would like to know which keyboard layout you are using. I suspect those characters are used as accents and are combined with the following key, am I right?

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi Denis,

I'm using the United States-International keyboard layout. You are correct that those characters are used as accents and are combined with the following key.

Regards,
Mark

Clock3 mths

Hello,

We've made a fix and it will be available in RDM 2019.2.23.0.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

I believe I am having similar issue on my SSH terminal. I am on RDM enterprise 2019.2.22.0 on Windows. May I know when 2019.2.23.0 will be released? when I run scripts having sed/echo/awk with single, and double quotes, the terminal will be unusable, and I had to disconnect and reconnect again.

Clock2 mths

Hi,

Sorry for the late answer, because of the holidays, we were operating with reduced staff. A release is about to be ready, it is currently being tested and should be online at the beginning of next week (January 6th).

Regards

Denis Vincent

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths