Forum / Wayk Now - Support

Connection could not be established

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

I have issued a request for a refund, but feel free to keep using the license. We will still investigate the reported issues, but since you've been really helpful so far we don't want to waste more of your time.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

I had purchased the 3 year license so you're saying you've refunded my $344.24 to my Visa and you're going to allow me to still use the software for 3 years? Will I still be able to get help on the forums? I really want this software to work. If you think we can get it to work, I want to still work on it if you want to.

Clock3 mths

Hello

With regard to the "connection could not be established" issue - I believe my earlier fix missed part of the problem. I will reach out to you one more time over email regarding that, hopefully later today.

With regard to the firewall issue, you wrote:

Here is the log file from the client that I've been testing with all day. If I enable a rule in my firewall that says traffic from any-trusted to ANY over port 8080 the connection is successful. If I try and modify that rule to say from any-trusted to *.jet-realy.net or just jet-relay.net the connection fails.

On the machine you are connecting *from*, I'm afraid the log file is different (since the architecture splits things across multiple processes, and the logging is not unified). So please perform the following steps (on the machine you are connecting from - assuming it's a desktop and not the Android client?):

- open the Wayk Now application and navigate to Options > Advanced > Logging Level, changing the level to "DEBUG"
- close the Wayk Now application and re-open it
- try your connection again, in a configuration where the firewall is blocking things
- then send us the file from %appdata%\wayk\logs\wayknow.log

That may give us a better idea of what's happening. If you have any questions on the above, please don't hesitate to comment back here

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hello,

I understand your concern - we issued a refund for the simple reason that you have already spend a lot of your time helping us debug issues, but we do wish to go to the bottom of this and you will get the same level of support, even if you've bought a 3 year license. In other words, nothing changes, it's the same as before except you now have an Enterprise license for free smile

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Thanks Marc!! You didn't have to do that. I know with software like this it may take some time to get it working. I am about to be on Christmas break until January 6th so I may not have much time to work on this during that time. When I can I will write on this post to continue the troubleshooting.

Clock3 mths

Hello again

I'm confident that our latest fixes will resolve the original issue on this thread. I understand that you will be on Christmas break until the new year so I won't rush to prepare a further pre-release build right now. If you let us know when you are ready to resume testing this, we will supply you with an updated release candidate. We can continue reviewing the firewall configuration at the same time.

Thanks again, and happy holidays

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Thanks Richard!! I appreciate all of the help. What days will y'all be closed for the holidays?

Clock3 mths

Hello

The offices are closed from December 24th until January 2nd (inclusive); but the regular support queues are still monitored during this time for any critical issues.

Thanks again,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Ok, thanks! I will reach back out on the 2nd or 3rd. Do you do any kind of remote sessions/phone call support to help speed up the process of support?

Clock3 mths

Hello

Yes, certainly - touch base with me when you have time to address in the new year, either on the forum or via email.

Thanks again,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Thanks! I will just email you. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Clock3 mths

Hello

I did not hear back from you on this topic yet; but I'm providing a small update from our side.

Wayk Now 2020.1.0 is now generally available and I believe it will resolve the intermittent (but regular) connectivity issues you were experiencing.

I will be happy to know if that resolves the issue for you, or you still experience a problem.

Further, we are happy to assist with the proper firewall configuration and address any issues on our side that might be preventing that from working properly.

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths