Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

remote controlled window title

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

The title of the SSH Shell windows does not change when the remote side sends the "Escape <something> Bell" sequence in the same way that Putty and xterms windows do. Do I need to configure or enable something to make this work, or is it not available with the SSH Shell? If it is not available, is it being planned?

My use case is that we use a jump server to access our Linux hosts, so I only have a single SSH Shell connection to our jump server defined in RDM. I may open 10 SSH Shell connections, but they are all (originally) connected to the same jump server and they all have the same window title. From the jump server command lines, I will ssh to whatever servers I need to work on. But since the Window title doesn't change when I ssh to another server, I have to click through all my various Windows to find the session I am looking for when I am working on multiple hosts at the same time.
Putty supports remote controlled title changes (as well as other remote controlled terminal changes like sizing and scrollback clearing), so as I jump from the jump server to another server, the Putty window title changes --making it easier to find the window I am looking for when I have multiple sessions open.
I realize that I can configure and use Putty sessions from within RDM, but I would like to use some of the additional features provided by the stock SSH Shell in RDM --particularly the post login scripting.

Clock3 mths

Hello,

It would be possible for us to support this. The way I see it, it would modify the title of the embedded tab within RDM. Would this work for you?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

It would be better than it is now, but personally, I undock my SSH Shells --so also being able to see the changed title on the undocked window's title bar would be the complete solution.

Clock3 mths

No problem, it should work there as well. smile I'll let you know once we have the change done.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Just letting you know that undocked SSH sessions will now correctly display remote controlled window titles. This fix will be included in version 2020.1.4.

Regards

Jonathan Del Signore
signaturesignature

Clock17 days