Forum / Wayk Now - Support

copy/paste in embedded wayk now session

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

When running a Wayk Now sub-connection of a RDP connection within RDM, I am unable to copy/paste, and scrolling doesn't seem to work. Is this a known bug or do I have something configured wrong? I am using RDM 2019.2.22.0 and Wayk Now 2019.2.2.0, however have had this problem going back many versions, possible always.

Clock3 mths

Hi Martin

I do recall your earlier post regarding the scrolling in embedded Wayk Now sessions. My apologies for not coming back and updating that.

My conclusion when I looked at this before was that RDM must not be forwarding the Windows scroll messages to the embedded session. I have to assume that the same is happening with the copy and paste messages.

At the time I did raise the issue internally on the RDM issue tracker; it has been assigned to a developer but not yet worked on.

From my side, this definitely appears to be a bug and not a configuration issue. However, I also think that forwarding Windows events to the embedded session is something that should work in RDM, so I will validate that, and also do some debugging on the Wayk Now side to make sure we haven't missed something.

I'm entering a corresponding ticket in the Wayk issue tracker so that this doesn't slip away again, and I'll post back here once I have some information for you.

Sorry again for not updating you before, and thanks for your patience

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Thanks for the detailed/prompt reply Richard.

Clock3 mths

Hi Martin

We found and fixed an issue with the scrolling of embedded Wayk sessions; so that should be resolved by the next release of RDM.

From reviewing the code, I found that certain interfaces required to support clipboard integration with Wayk are not defined in RDM for embedded sessions - which explains why cut/copy/paste do not work as expected. There is some complexity on the RDM side, because in the case where you have simultaneous Wayk and RDP connections open, the different clipboard implementations "fight" one another and that can either randomly appear to break the clipboard integration on one side, or worse, freeze the application. So some care is required to implement that properly.

I've entered that as a ticket in the RDM issue tracker; if it's an important issue to you I would recommend making a feature request on the RDM page to get increased visibility on the issue.

Thanks once more for your patience,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Done!

Thanks again!

Clock3 mths