Forum / Wayk Now - Support

Not able to lock setting

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi Team,

I don't want my users to take a remote of other users. So is there any option to lock particular setting (General > Remote Control Mode). Or is there any option to install Allow Remote Only (Server Only)?

Clock3 mths

Hi jay04

What you want to achieve is possible, but we don't have a UI to set it up.

If an option is set "globally", it will override whatever the individual user has selected (generally - there are a couple of exceptions to this). So - assuming that Wayk Now is installed using the .msi, you can use the following command (from an elevated / administrator prompt):

wayk-now config --global ControlMode 2

The --global switch applies the setting to the global configuration stored in %programdata% (which can only be modified by administrators). `ControlMode` is the setting name for "Remote Control Mode", and `2` corresponds to "Server Only".

The users will still be able to alter the setting via the Options window, but you will notice that it takes no effect as the global setting overrides the individual user configuration.

We are aware of the need for more advanced configuration functionality so you can look for improvements here in the future. However if you have feedback or suggestions, please feel free to post them here - and likewise if you have questions or that does not resolve the issue for you.

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

I have tries above command but its showing below error. I need to run below command in Program Data folder right?

Json file "C:\ProgramData\Wayk\WaykNow.cfg" can't be loaded

Clock3 mths

Hello

Did you install Wayk Now using the .msi? Did you run the command as an administrator (right-click command prompt and "Run as administrator")?

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Yes I have installed using .msi, and I have run the command using Administrator only.

Clock3 mths

Hello again

Thanks for the confirmation.

Does the file mentioned (C:\ProgramData\Wayk\WaykNow.cfg) exist? If so, can you send it to me (either by attachment here, as a PM, or to support@devolutions.net).

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Hi,

Issue has been resolved after upgrading the version.

Thanks for the support.

Clock3 mths

Hello again

Thanks for the update and glad the issue is resolved. Please let us know if you have further questions or feedback.

Kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths