Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - PowerShell Repository

Login in to RDM with powershell

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi, I have to run a powershell script where users have to log in to RDM and based on the membership of a security group the script executes tasks.

How can I check the credentials and make them appear in the RDM logs?

Clock17 days

Hello,

What RDM version are you using?

What data source type are you connected to?

Could you please provide more details on how you plan to connect on the data source? Will you always use the same credentials or the script will be run by different users?

About using any credential entries, the information should appear in the Activity Logs like the following sample.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock13 days

Hello Erica, RDM version is enterprise 2019.2.19.0. and datasource is a SQL Server with Integrated Security (Active Directory).

The need is to allow users who visit customers to start tasks remotely.

The idea is to run simple PowerShell scripts from a web page, users must authenticate to verify that they have permissions to access RDM and what objects they can see.

For example if they have rights, they can request the display of a server password, it is essential that the event is tracked in RDM with the name of the user who requested the display of the password

I can collect user and password with Get-Credential, and I can have the RDM user with Get-RDMUser. But how I can match user and password and login in to RDM?

About Activity Logs can I export filtered events with powershell ?

Regards

Clock12 days

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

As you are using the Integrated Security feature, it will not be possible to connect on the SQL database using domain credentials as the SQL server will require the current connected Windows user identity.

However, you can configure the same data source name in RDM (File - Data Sources) for all users and use that data source name in your PowerShell script to connect on the data source.

Here is a sample script that any user can run to connect on their RDM SQL data source based on the screen shot. Please adapt the code with your data source name.

Import-Module 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Devolutions\Remote Desktop Manager\RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.psd1'

$ds = Get-RDMDataSource -Name "SQL Local"
Set-RDMCurrentDataSource $ds

About exporting the results of any reports, please see this online help page. This command line can be run within a PowerShell script.
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/export_reports.htm

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock12 days

Hello, thanks for informations.
For now I have set the export of log files following the indicated online help page.

Regards
Marco

Clock4 days