Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - PowerShell Repository

Import Markdown Documetation

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

We wrote an powershell Import to create vaults, folders and entries - this runs fine so far.

Now we want to import some documentation text (writen in Markdown) per entry.

Could you provide me with some code samples how to import the markdown ?

If this markdown import is not so easy, we also could go other ways.

The targt is to create in each vault and entry which holds informations as text.

This is only imported once, we never need to update this.

Markdown.jpg
Clock2 mths

Hello,

I am afraid to inform you that it is not actually possible to import, update or manage the Documentation tab of the entries through the RDM PowerShell module.

I have created a feature request, internal ticket number RDMW-4121. Once any update will be available, I will post the information in this forum topic.

We are sorry that there is no tool available yet to manage the Documentation section properly using PowerShell cmdlets.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Thank you for reply and ticket creation.

Could you suggest a workaround we could try ? I think on things like

- use a different entry type where we could import a text (its size is around one letter page) ?
- could we create first a txt file per vault with powershell and then import the textfile in each vault ?

Clock2 mths

Would it be possible to import an txt file from the file system with powershell ?

AddDocument.jpg
Clock2 mths

Hello,

In fact, you can save the information in the Description property of the entry.

$session.Description = "Your text here"
Set-RDMSession -Session $session -Refresh

You can also save a text file as an attachment of the entry with the Add-RDMSessionAttachment cmdlet.
Add-RDMSessionAttachment -session $session -Filename "C:\MyFileName.txt"

About adding a Document entry type, let me find the right method and will get back to you tomorrow.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hello,

So there is no available method yet to add a file in a Document entry type and save the document in the database.

A workaround is to create a Document entry type and bind this entry to the file in a shared folder. This folder must be available to users that need to open that file. Here are the steps to create such entry.

$sess = New-RDMSession -Name "MyDocument" -ConnectionType Document
$sess.Document.Filename = "c:\temp\MyDocument.txt"
Set-RDMSession $sess -Refresh

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths