Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

TeamViewer isn't working in MacOS

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

TeamViewer connection isn't working in Remote Desktop Manager.
When I press "Open Session" for TeamViewer Entry, it's nothing happens.

Software Versions:
MacOs High Sierra
TeamViewer 14.7.1965
Remote Desktop Manager 2019.2

Clock3 mths

Hello,

Thank you for your contacting us regarding this issue.

Another reported the same issue a few days ago. We have contacted TeamViewer but we are still waiting an answer from their end.

The ticket number on our side is RDMM-1256.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais
signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

Thanks for you feedback

Clock3 mths

Hi 4volodin,

Command line arguments used to work with the TeamViewer for Mac app (those: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Command-line-parameters/ta-p/34447). In my tests, they seem to have stopped working. You could try them on your side and see if they works. Here's an example:

open -a TeamViewer --args -i "123456789" -P "password"

I've contacted TeamViewer quite a while back, I don't believe I ever received an answer. You could try reporting the issue to them on your side. For good measure, I've reported the issue again.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

I've reported the issue to them too on their side

Clock3 mths

I have received answers:

#33247161 Command line arguments used to work with the TeamViewer for Mac app
They answered to me:
"At the moment there are no supported command line parameters to establish a connection on MacOS. I will forward your request as Feature Request to the product management, so they might release this feature in a future version of TeamViewer."

#33247163 TeamViewer isn't working in MacOS Remote Desktop Manager
They answered to me:
"The Remote Desktop Manager "integration" is not created or official supported by us. In that case if you have any issues with this, please contact Remote Desktop Manager. We do not know how they are trying to establish a connection via TeamViewer."

Clock3 mths

Hi 4volodin,

Well, you got more answer then me than. Please, do keep us posted.

As for the second point, the answer is in the first issue. We use command line. To be fair, other mechanisms (such as AppleScript or URI) would be suitable too, though they would require changing the implementation in RDM.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths