Forum / Wayk Now - Bug Report

UserSwitchting in Unattendedmode dissconnect the session

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

WaykNow disconnect if we logoff the current user or switch to another useraccount on Windows 10.
Reconnect to the session by userswitching becomes available at the momenten the "original" account log on again. In the meantime a session reconnect isn't possible.
In the logoff case we can reconnect as soon as the logoff is finished.

Clock25 days

Hi,

We are aware that some edge cases in terms of session switching aren't correctly supported at this point, but we could at least try and reproduce the one you encounter to see what could be done about it. The disconnection on session switch is normal, we have to kill processes and relaunch them in the other session.

We don't have an automated session reconnect mechanism in place, but this would help with cases such as this one.

Can you describe the full sequence of user login/switch/logoff, including when the Wayk Now connection is done? I understand from your description that if you make a complete logoff of the first session before switching to the other one, you can reconnect, but if you leave the original session running, you can't reconnect until you switch back to the original session. Is my understanding correct?

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock25 days

Yes, if I switch user without a logout, a reconnect to the wayk session isn't possible.

best regards

Clock24 days

Hello

Thanks for the update. I've identified an issue that can cause this behaviour when you use fast-user switching, and we're working on the fix for that. I'll post back here with an update.

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock24 days

Hello

Wayk Now 2019.2.2 is now available for download, and includes improvements in this area. Fast-user switching on the remote machine may still disconnect the Wayk Now session, but you should be able to simply reconnect and resume where you left off (the same as with a log off).

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock5 days

Hello

It is now possible to reconnect to the remote machine. There are many reconnects you have to do if you switch users, but i works. Thank you. smile

Clock4 days

Hi

Thanks for the confirmation that you are able to reconnect now!

We are working on improvements for the forced disconnection of the Wayk session in these cases; I don't have a timeline for that but I will post back here once I have some more information.

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock4 days