Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

2019.1.9.0 w OS X 10.14.6 - RDM Crashes on rap session with Embedded (tabbed)

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

Having some issues with RDM (2019.1.9.0) on OS X (10.14.6) where all RDP sessions crash RDM upon launching. Other saved sessions are ok SSH, Web etc just not RDP.

Cheers
Tristan

Clock4 mths

Hi Jeff,

Not seeing any info in any of the logs. As soon as I try and launch an rdp session it hangs and I have to force quit, doesn't seem to capture any info in any of the logs. The only thing I can think of was I installed the 10.14.6 security update last night that may have caused the issue.

Is 2019.1.9.0 the latest build?

Cheers
Tris

Clock4 mths

Hi Tris,

Yes, 2019.1.9.0 is the latest build, though the version 2019.2.0.0 is coming soon.

You could try resetting your application settings. To do so, delete or rename (to keep a backup) the following folder: ~/Library/Application Support/com.devolutions.remotedesktopmanager/. When relaunching RDM afterwards, new default settings will be created.

When relaunching RDM after a hangs, are you shown an error window? If so, this could be helpful to have the content of the error report.

If you still reproduce afterwards, could you try enabling your session logs (Help -> Session Logs -> Top left button -> Enable Logging)? Then, after launching an RDP sessions and (if I understand correctly) force quitting RDM. Relaunch RDM, go back to the Session Logs window, select the log and use the Share button to Mail me (at xfortin@devolutions.net) the log.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hey Xavier,

Thanks for the quick reply, strangest thing, I restarted my machine again (shutdown, restarted etc so many times yesterday in troubleshooting) and it now seems to be working as normal. Honestly can't explain it.

Cheers
Tris

Clock4 mths

Hi Tristan,

Glad to hear it.

Do not hesitate to get back in touch if it starts occuring again.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths