Forum / Wayk Now - Support

Not able to connect

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I am on version 2019.2.1 and keep getting "The connection could not be established". I was told the new version would not have this issue anymore

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Are you using WaykNow as a stand alone application or via RDM using the WaykNow session?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais
signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Stand alone

Clock4 mths

Hello

The error message "The connection could not be established" indicates a generic problem establishing the connection; the cause could vary greatly depending on the circumstances. We've improved our P2P networking stack but a successful connection can never be guaranteed, depending on the state of both clients, the network in between, and how well we've accounted for the possible conditions in our software.

I won't be able to troubleshoot that further without a log file; you can capture one from your local machine by turning the log level to "Debug" (in Options > Advanced > Logging Level), restarting your client and trying the connection again. Then send to us the file; on Windows it will be here: %appdata%\wayk\logs\wayknow.log - either via the forum, or at support@devolutions.net.

I do apologize for the inconvenience; if you can provide the above I will look further into the issue.

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Which logging level do I chose from the drop down?

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Please use the DEBUG level.

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths