Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

[2019.2.16.0] Bitwarden credentials, cannot connect to service

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I came in this morning to find I can no longer get credentials from Bitwarden, it fails and the log shows:

[13/11/2019 07:57:21 - 2019.2.16.0 - 64-bit] Error: PasswordManagement.Common.UnsupportedFeatureException: TODO at PasswordManagement.Bitwarden.Client.ChooseSecondFactorMethod(SecondFactor secondFactor, Ui ui) at PasswordManagement.Bitwarden.Client.Login(String username, Byte[] passwordHash, String deviceId, Ui ui, ISecureStorage storage, RestClient rest) at PasswordManagement.Bitwarden.Client.OpenVault(String username, String password, String deviceId, String baseUrl, Ui ui, ISecureStorage storage, IRestTransport transport) at PasswordManagement.Bitwarden.Vault.Open(String username, String password, String deviceId, String baseUrl, Ui ui, ISecureStorage storage) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.BitwardenManager.Initialize(String username, String password, String customUrl)[13/11/2019 07:57:22 - 2019.2.16.0 - 64-bit] Error: Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.UserCancelConnectionException: Exception of type 'Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.UserCancelConnectionException' was thrown. at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.CredentialBitwardenResolver.Execute(CredentialsConnection credentialConnection, Connection owner, CredentialRepositoryDestination destination) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.CredentialTypeManager.ResolveCredentials(Connection connectionCredential, Connection owner, CredentialRepositoryDestination destination, CredentialResolveMode credentialResolveMode) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.CredentialTypeManager.GetCredentialResolved(Connection connection, String credentialConnectionID, CredentialRepositoryDestination destination, CredentialResolveMode credentialResolveMode) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.CredentialTypeManager.PrepareCredentials(Connection connection, String credentialConnectionID, CredentialRepositoryDestination destination, String privateVaultSearchString, CredentialResolveMode credentialResolveMode) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Business.CredentialInheritedResolver.Execute(CredentialsConnection credentialConnection, Connection owner, CredentialRepositoryDestination destination) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.CredentialTypeManager.GetCredentialResolved(Connection connection, String credentialConnectionID, CredentialRepositoryDestination destination, CredentialResolveMode credentialResolveMode) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.CredentialTypeManager.PrepareCredentials(Connection connection, String credentialConnectionID, CredentialRepositoryDestination destination, String privateVaultSearchString, CredentialResolveMode credentialResolveMode) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.Prepare(Connection connection, Boolean applyCredentials, Boolean applyAlternate, Boolean applyVPN, Boolean copy, Boolean applyOverrideCredentials, CredentialResolveMode credentialResolveMode) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.ConnectionManager.OpenConnection(Connection connection, OpenConnectionParameter parameter) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.PlayListManager.c0173f280fb4b199e428c225e3c28fc0c(ConnectionPlayList c1ada852ae0b65414347589f9e7ee5503, OpenConnectionMode c602973c05c2f5870e41c508b048b13c5, Boolean c70df8186c6d74b7ce6d815320f763be1) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.PlayListManager.ExecutePlayList(ConnectionPlayList playList, OpenConnectionMode openConnectionMode, Boolean checkDataSource) at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Managers.PlayListManager.OpenPlayListOnStartup() at Devolutions.RemoteDesktopManager.Forms.FrmMainRibbonBase.AfterFirstLoad() at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Any ideas? I also submitted a report through RDM with the logs, but wanted to see if anyone else has similar problems.

Clock2 mths

Hello,

I will submit your error message to the engineering department, I will keep you updated on that!

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Hello,

Could you tell us what 2FA method you're using to connect to Bitwarden? It seems to be an error occurring because we don't support this specific 2FA.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 mths

Duo, and you do support it as I was one of the original requesters for it to be added for Bitwarden and helped test it when it's wasn't working during the beta.

Clock2 mths

I think I know what it could be - on Bitwarden I used to have "Yubico" and "Duo" enabled as my two 2FA authentication methods and that was always fine. I then enabled "FIDO U2F" and disabled Yubico (I did not like the way it worked, and FIDO2 was more compatible with Windows 10). Now when I visit the Bitwarden website it offers U2F by default whereas before it was always Duo first.

I'm assuming that RDM is hitting the same issue or something (and perhaps it's this that is not supported), so I need to figure out how to reset the Bitwarden connection in RDM to see if I can reconfigure it correctly.

Clock1 mth

Seems I was right, RDM is not able to handle when U2F is enabled alongside Duo and/or Yubico OTP, but when I disabled U2F at Bitwarden I was able to connect again in RDM after re-pushing with Duo.

A big pain because I had to completely reset/upload the Yubikey OTP on both my keys to undo the deletion when moving to just FIDO2.

Clock1 mth

Hello,

Thank you for the detailed information. We will open a ticket to support FIDO U2F. We will let you know once it's available.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock1 mth