Forum / Wayk Now - Support

Connect using RDM

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

In order to be sure of connecting to the client, we decided to connect using unique id.
In Wayk, just add a computer to your bookmarks and the connection is established correctly.
In RDM, adding a wayk entry, I add a unique id in the advanced tab, however, the program also requires me to enter something in the host field, without this I can not save entry.

Clock4 mths

Hello

I just tried this on my side, and you are correct that it's not possible to save the entry without something in the Host field. This appears to be an oversight in RDM and I'll raise that with the team.

As a workaround, as long as you enter "something" in the host field, it will allow you to save the entry. So you could, for example, enter some descriptive text - in my test, I simply entered a space so the field appears blank. If the unique ID field is populated, it will be used for the connection and whatever is in the host field will be ignored.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

When i use "prompt for perrmision" i get this error:

When I use secure password it work OK.

Additional question: is it possible to configure RDM to ask me every time about type of authentications?

rdm.PNG
Clock4 mths

Hello

What's your version of RDM? You can find it in Help > About.

I don't think it's possible to prompt for the authentication type every time; I had an idea that it could be achieved by creating sub-entries for each authentication type you wish to use, but the unique id is not propagated down. I can raise this internally; can I ask the use case for dynamically selecting the authentication type for a saved connection?

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

I update to newest version before i Try to connect: 2019.2.16.0

I have another problem:

because the connection with RDM does not work - I open the connection in the WAYK application.
When I right-click on the Wayk object in RDM and select> open with parameters> external opening (shift + enter),
my Wayk app opens, but I don't even try to connect.

I can show these problems if you want, you can connect to my computer remotely.

Clock4 mths

Any updates?

Clock4 mths

Hello

My apologies - I don't know why I didn't see the notification of your post.

Can you share with me the Wayk object from RDM? You can right-click > Export > Export Selection (.rdm), and send the file to me via PM or share it with support@devolutions.net.

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths