Forum / Wayk Now - Support

Wayk Now stability does not perform as expected.

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Upgraded running wayk now to v 2019.2.1 today.
After some weeks of testing we decided to let wayk now replace a few elderly teamviewer(10) support.
Unfortunately we experience lots of "cannot connect to" messages and we are about to loose patience with wayk now. Last Version 3.3.0 was promising for two days or so but then it lost contact, again. Todays testing revealed that restart of remote machine wayk now service resolved the connect issue. But since connect issue was probably to return, I found the latest upgrade and installed it.

I am not sure what the upgrade actually replaced except for the version went from 3.3.0 to 2019.2.1. Hopefully we have gained some stability now.
Hope this is the last update for some time. On the brink of giving up this enterprise version product.
Arild

Clock4 mths

Hello arild

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having.

There were some important reliability fixes to the Wayk Now client between version 3.3.0 and 3.3.2, including specifically in 3.3.1 a fix for an issue that could have prevented the unattended service from accepting connections. You can see the full history of release notes here: https://wayk.devolutions.net/release-notes.

It's good that you have updated to 2019.2.1, and I would encourage you to try and track the most recent release possible. I do, however, understand that may not be straightforward in all environments / use-cases. If it's of interest to you, we now supply a PowerShell module that can ease installation and updates to the software. If you have questions or comments on that, please let me know.

Finally, 2019.2.1 overhauls key parts of the P2P networking stack; while it is the first step in a number of coming improvements, we hope that it will increase reliability significantly.

I encourage you to keep working with the current release and please let us know if you continue to experience issues.

Thanks and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths