Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Error in Powershell function Get-RDMUser

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I'm on version 20.19.2.16.0
When i ty to execute

Get-RDMUser

i get this error

Get-RDMUser : Cannot retrieve the dynamic parameters for the cmdlet. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
At line:1 char:13
+ $RDMUsers = Get-RDMUser
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (smile [Get-RDMUser], ParameterBindingException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : GetDynamicParametersException,RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.GetRDMUserCommand

Get-RDMSession and other cmdlets work fine.

Clock12 days

Hello,

What data source type are you connected to?

If it is Devolutions Password Server, what version are you using?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock12 days

Hello,

We have been able to reproduce the issue when importing the RDM PowerShell module and then use the Get-RDMUser cmdlet just after loading the module. A ticket has been sent to our engineering department. The internal ticket number is RDMW-3981. Once an update will be available, we will update this topic.

In the meantime, the workaround is to run the Start-RDMInstance cmdlet just after loading the module. That should resolve your issue.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock12 days

Thanks, that worked.

We use MSSQL as out datasource.

Could you please use the Powershell Version numbers correctly (it's still 1.0!!) insinde the pds1 files not just teh corresponding dll ?

And there are still Messageboxes when Errors occur - very bad for full automation!!

Clock6 days

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

About the PowerShell Module version, you mean that you want a versioning that is the same as the RDM version?

About the message boxes, could you please provide a screen capture when it occurs?

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock6 days

Hello,

The issue has been resolved and the fix is available in RDM version 2019.2.19 that is now available for download here : https://remotedesktopmanager.com/home/download

Please note that you may get a prompt to upgrade the SQL database. Please see the following page for more information.
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/database_upgrade.htm

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock1 day