Forum / Wayk Now - Support

CTRL/ALT/DEL

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I have installed the WaykNow Android app. I am trying to send CTRL/ALT/DEL to my servers to be able to login and it's not working. I searched the forum and the manual for anything but didn't see anything for the Android app. Can someone help me?

Clock4 mths

Hello

On the toolbar in the session view, bring up the extended keyboard (the second "keyboard" icon from the left). Switch to the second page of buttons with the "1/2" toggle in the bottom-left of the extended keyboard. There is a button on that screen that represents the Ctrl/Alt/Delete sequence on the remote machine.

I've attached a screenshot highlighting the specific buttons in case that's not clear.

Let me know if you have further questions or feedback!

Kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 11.54.05.png
Clock4 mths

Yes. I had seen that. But nothing happens when I press it.

Clock4 mths

Hello again

Ok, thanks for the confirmation. I did some checking and while the Ctrl+Alt+Delete action works well when I tested it from iOS and macOS to a remote Windows machine, there is a bug in the implementation for Android.

I've raised the issue internally and we'll post back here once a fix is available. I'm afraid I don't have a workaround for that in the meantime. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

Kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hello again

We have released Wayk Now 2019.2.2 for Android and it should be available imminently via the Play store. It contains a fix for this issue.

To be clear, the Ctrl+Alt+Delete function only works if the remote system is running the unattended service (i.e. you installed using the .msi, instead of just downloading the standalone WaykNow.exe). This is because only the service has the necessary privileges to trigger a SAS (secure access sequence) programmatically.

If you have any further questions, feedback or issues, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths