Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Beta

File share entries bug

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I was sorting a list of file share entries in RDM 2019.2.14.0 and after doing so, all details about the entries disappeared. Happened to about 25 of them. The path is gone, details, info, etc. All this was populated with data before I did the sort:

Clock4 mths

I also did batch 'load from inventory' for several RDP sessions. Not sure if that had something to do with it.

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Could you provide us the steps to reproduce the issue? We would like to reproduce it in our environment.

What type of data source are you running? Is it possible that it's Online Drive?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais
signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

I am using Devolutions Online Drive. The only steps I took before observing the problem was right-clicking an entry, selecting 'Edit>Edit Entry' and went to the 'Information' tab, which was blank. I'm not sure when / how it was removed, but I noticed it immediately after doing a batch 'Load from Inventory' on a number of entries (right-click>Edit>Edit (Special Actions)>Load from Inventory). Sorry that's not much help.

Clock4 mths

Other stuff disppeared too, I just noticed. This was previously populated with a file path:

Clock4 mths

Can confirm this happened with all Excel documents, and it also wiped out all of my Contacts' information. All gone....

Clock4 mths

Hello,

This is very strange.

I opened a ticket to our engineering department so that they can try to reproduce.
The ticket number is QA-1152.

On a side note, do you have an online backup that you can restore to get back the information that is missing?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais
signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

I attempted this, but just ended up with a blank navigation tree. On the other hand, the changes I made since then are probably more trouble to restore than the contacts themselves. I used 'add new data source' when restoring from the backup.:

Clock4 mths

Update: Restarting RDM and selecting another backup resolved this issue.

Clock4 mths

I went into the backup, exported my contacts (verified all the info was there), and upon import into the latest version/current database source, all the info disappeared again.

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Are you able to revert to the version of RDM you were using previously and see if this issue still occurs? Also, since you seem to be able to reproduce this issue on your end, would it be possible for you to record it and then send it to us using the sharefile link I just sent you via private message?

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Sorry for the multiple posts. Just realizing about two dozen of my RDP entries had the Wayk Now subconnections removed as well. This update went berserk on my database. Also missing - custom field entries in the properties of the related parent-connection.

Clock4 mths