Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Bug Report

Scroll bars can't be grabbed

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

2019.1.41.0 Enterprise Edition

It's hard to explain, just "very broken". Has this been logged as a known issue, yet?

My SSH windows do not have working vertical scroll bars. I can middle mouse button scroll, but trying to click and drag the scroll square does not work. If I click on a section of the scroll bar that isn't the square above it (and can't be just above it, has to be like an inch further away), the window will scroll. For a brief time, I can grab the scroll square and drag it up/down the scroll bar and the console will change. But then let it go, and it goes back to not being draggable.

Very frustrating.

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Would you be able to send us a Recording of the issue using the link I sent you in Private message?
Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Wow, not having a good day.

1. When I click on the reply arrow to your post, instead of getting a quoted reply here, I get an error "Sorry, you are not allowed to edit this post". If I click the arrow for my original post, I do get the quoted reply as expected.

2. This was the first time I tried video recording within RDM. Unfortunately, it didn't work, so that was frustrating. It started and stopped recording, just no file was ever made. I even went into the properties and specifically set the destination and filename, without file being generated.

3. I just used Windows10 Gaming bar to record. Uploaded as "Remote Desktop Manager [Linbox] 2019-10-30 14-12-43.mp4"

Let me know if you need further explanation to resolving this.

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Does it only happen on SSH on does it also happen on Web Browser Sessions?

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

I've only been using SSH and Serial sessions.

Clock4 mths

I've rebooted my computer today and so far it hasn't reoccurred yet. There is one serial window that I can leave running for hours or days with scrolling text, so it might need a whole bunch of scroll to happen. Also, RDM crashes from time to time but I don't reboot computer in between, so I can see how it might not be operating in a stable state. Though, I'm fairly certain that just closing and reopening the app when this happens doesn't fix it, the reboot is the first time I noticed it getting fixed after running into this problem.

If/when this happens again, are there logs I should collect and send? Send a system Diagnostic from the Help menu?

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Good question, since it seems to be more of a UI issue, not quite sure if we have any logs that could help us with that. That said, just like you mention, let us know if the issue re-appears and I will have the ticket re-opened.

Best Regards

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths