Forum / Wayk Now - Support

Wayak not working

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Worked great the one time I used it but I cannot connect remotely to another computer. Something is seriously wrong.
He waiting for me to connect but does not happen

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Are you launching the session from RDM or from WaykNow directly?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais
signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hello,

As per the private message that you've sent me, it seems that you are using WaykNow for Windows to authenticate on WaykNow for Mac.
Am I correct?

Which version of WaykNow is installed on your computer?
Which version of WaykNow is installed on the Mac computer?

On a side note, please note that I moved your thread under the WaykNow Support section.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais
signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

This program is a nightmare !!!
Works one day not the next.
Remote access is what you offer..... Yeah Right
Have to use Task Manager to shut the damned thing down to get it to restart or reboot each remote computer (or my home pc) or call staff,(who are Hairdressers, not computer experts, to shut-down, restart etc)
Feels like I've paid good money for a car with a broken driveshaft!!!!
I have limped along for most of 2019 hoping each update will fix YOUR problems.
I am a business owner, an end user, a consumer, not a computer geek that should have to send you log files to get the damned thing working.
Personally I had great hopes for this "program" .... now I wish I had paid the extra and purchased a stable platform like Teamviewer.
I will not be renewing my licence.

Clock4 mths

Hi,

Thank you for your honest feedback, I can only empathize with your situation. If you want, we can issue a refund so you can buy a TeamViewer license instead. I can also suggest taking a look at AnyDesk, they're a good TeamViewer alternative.

I know it is probably coming too late for you at this point, but we are in the final stages of testing the upcoming Wayk Now 2019.2 update that will bring MAJOR changes to the way peer-to-peer connections are made, eliminating most of the causes behind issues like the ones you've encountered. We're on a rush to try and get it out this week.

Best regards,

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

I will hold on the refund offer, and await a new version. IF this update works like the current version, I'll definitely be asking for the refund!!!

Clock4 mths

Hello

Thank you for your patience. Wayk Now 2019.2.1 is now available for download here.

If you continue to experience issues - even sporadically - please let us know. I understand it can be inconvenient to provide diagnostic data, but if you do see connection failures, even just recording the error message on the client side would be helpful.

Thanks again and kind regards,

Richard Markievicz

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Ok things have not improved. Repair installs, uninstalls, reinstalls, reboots, shutdowns etc and occasionally things will work. I'd challenge you to connect to any of my three machines, and let me know what I am doing so wrong.

Clock4 mths

FYI we had an issue with den.wayk.net last night. All should have been back up to normal since then. I will get the team to investigate further.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths