Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

Can't access the Devolutions Web Login with Devolutions custom user and other problems

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I currently evaluating the Devolutions Password Manager for our company's needs and I actually struggle with a lot of problems. I hope somebody of the support team can help me:

So the first problem is that the Devolutions Password Server is only running in our intranet and not directly connected with the internet. I have strong performance issues when I open the user management menu on the Devolutions Password Manager console.

Another problem is that when I create a Devolutions custom user in the user menu (e.g. with admin privileges) that the user can't access the web login. When I click on the login button nothing happens (neither a warning message).

So what should I do now? I don't know where to start sending screenshots, because there are no warnings. The installation process run with no issues.

Also in the log menu on the console, no logs are reported. Everything is empty.

Best regards,

Dorian

Clock4 mths

Hello Dorian,

It will be a pleasure to help you with these issues. Could you give us the version of RDM and DPS that you are currently testing?

It will be easier to test the issues and to help you.

Best regards,

David Grandolfo

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hello,

For the Users Management dialog loading slowness, as a workaround, please add the following line in the DPSConsole.cfg file that is located in %appdata%\Devolutions\DPSConsole folder. That should fix this slowness problem.
<DisableUserGravatar>true</DisableUserGravatar>

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hello Erica,

Thank you! Your solution worked perfectly. Now I don't have to wait 3 minutes until the menu pops up.

I am currently using the Devolution Password Server Version 2019.1.20.0.

Best regards,

Dorian

Clock4 mths

Hello,

About your login problem, have you enabled the Integrated Security option in the Database tab of the DPS settings and set an account in the IIS Application Pool Identity?

If so, have you grant proper permissions to that account on the SQL database? You can find some information on the following online help pages and knowledge base article.
https://helpserver.devolutions.net/configure_integratedsecurity.htm
https://helpserver.devolutions.net/configure_sqlpermissions.htm
https://devolutions.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/article/573145123

To get the list of least privileges permissions per account, as this information is different depending on the DPS version you are using, please send us an email at ticket@devolutions.net and we will send you the proper instructions to grant permissions on the SQL database.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Hello erica,

Thank you for the advices. It was definitely a problem with the IIS and the integrated security option. After consulting our database administrators and with the help of your sheets, I was finally successful in accessing the web login.

Best regards,

Dorian

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and glad that you can login now.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths