Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

Cant log in to website

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I have installed the trial but when I try to log in, to the website, it just keeps me on the login page. I have tried creating both a Domain and Custom (Devolutions) admin user they both act the same.

If I put in a bad password, on purpose, it immediately tells me bad password.

Can someone provide some help with this? Thanks!

Clock4 mths

Hello,

Have you installed RDM or Password Server (DPS)?

Could you post a screenshot of the error message that you receive?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais
signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

Sorry I should have said I am trying to get the trial of Password Server working.

There is no error, after I hit log in it simply just refreshes the log in page with my credentials still in the boxes. If I put in a bad password on purpose it will tell me bad password.

Thanks

Login.PNG
Clock4 mths

Hello,

For issues related to the installation of DPS trials, I recommend sending a quick email to ticket@devolutions.net.

We suspect that this issue is caused by the fact that you have enabled the "Integrated Security" but that your user is missing rights on your Database. For more information on that matter, please refer to this link: https://devolutions.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/article/573145123

To have access to a list of the rights that are required and to know how to assign them, a ticket will be required. The reason for this is that the this information might change between the versions of DPS and we want to avoid confusion as much as possible.

Also, since this issue is related to DPS and not RDM, I will move your forum topic to the DPS section of our forum.

Best regards,

James Lafleur

signaturesignature

Clock4 mths

I think the issue has to do with the VaultRunner domain account used for IIS app pool and its permissions to SQL. If I change it from only have db_datareader to db_owner on SQL server my domain account can log into the website.

I followed the steps for setting up integrated security for IIS and SQL found here https://helpserver.devolutions.net/configure_sqlpermissions.htm

I have attached screenshots of my IIS and SQL settings.

Thanks for any help

SQL-VaultRunner.JPG
IIS-VaultRunner.JPG
Clock4 mths