Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Host Entry and AnyDesk session template

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi, I have the following assignment.
In RDM I need to create a "Host Entry".
I need to make a template for AnyDesk session to use with this "Host Entry".
In which field of "Host Entry" should I write data for Anydesk so that I can use it in Anydesk templates as variables.
Thanks in advance.

Clock30 days

Hello,

If I understand correctly, you can create the AnyDesk template in File -> Templates -> Templates, with $Host$ as the host in your Anydesk entry.
anydesk

From there, in your Host entry, under the Advanced tab, you will be able to choose the Anydesk template you just created. Let me know if this is what you were looking for!
template

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

anydesk.png
template.png
Clock30 days

Hello again.
The steps are these.
In the template, the $host$ variable takes the value of the host field from "host entry".
But this is not a valid AnyDesk number.
This is probably an IP address or FQDN
I want to know in which field of "host entry" to write down the number of Anydesk so that it has a variable that anydesk template can read?

Clock30 days

Hello,

Indeed, in doesn't to work, we will look into it.

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Clock29 days

Hello again.
I sorted the items the other way.
I created sub connections.
The $PARENT_CUSTOM_FIELD1$ variables now work.
But not when I want to transfer $PARENT_CUSTOM_FIELD2$ where Anydesk's password is stored. If I type the password in the AnyDesk password box, everything works.
If the choice of credential indicates that they are inherited from the parent, it works too. If the password is the same.

0001.png
0002.png
0003.png
0004.png
Clock27 days

Hello,

Could you try to check the "Allow Password in Variable" in the Security Settings tab of your session.

Best Regards,

Etienne Lord

signaturesignature

Clock25 days