Forum / Devolutions Password Hub - Support

Devolution Web Login Citrix Compatibility

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi guys,

we are looking for a password management solution that allows to inject the credentials into a website/browser. As far as i know we can do this either through DPS or DPH in combination with the Devolution Web Login Plugin. But as far as i know from the past, this Plugin is not Citrix compatible due to the way it's communicating with the server. (insecure)

Is this (still) true or is your Plugin Citrix-Compatible?

Best regards,
Hermann

Clock2 mths

Hello,

Where have you seen that its insecure? There are steps to take when binding DWL with RDM itself to make it secure under TS/Citrix (application Key and unique port per user), but in the case of DPS/Hub the communication is protected because with hit the backend directly.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock1 mth

Hi Maurice,

actually there is a warning directly in your help page, you can find it here:

https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?devolutionsweblogin_overview.htm

There is a part saying: Devolutions Web Login was created for a normal desktop environment. It uses inter process communication (IPC) with the client application. Using it on a terminal server introduces a level of risk that may be unacceptable for corporate users.

It also states that you can use it securely if you use a specific port for each user and secure the connection additionally with a password/application key. Since we like to make it as simple as possible for our users, we try to avoid additional authentication steps if not absolutely necessary. I want our users to be able to login into Citrix (they already need password + 2nd factor for that), start their browser and using their credentials without any other need for additional configuration and authentication. Is that possible with DWL in a terminal server/citrix environment?

Best regards,
Hermann

Clock1 mth

Hi,

That warning applies in the case where you bind DWL to RDM as the latter runs locally in a user context, of which there may be multiple instances under TS

If you bind DWL to DPS or Hub you are reaching out to an external service so no risk .

The warning is for RDM, not DWL.

Best regards

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock1 mth

Hi,

That warning applies in the case where you bind DWL to RDM as the latter runs locally in a user context, of which there may be multiple instances under TS

If you bind DWL to DPS or Hub you are reaching out to an external service so no risk .

The warning is for RDM, not DWL.

Best regards

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock1 mth

Hello Maurice,

Thanks a lot for clearing that up, it seems the help page confused me a little bit :-)

I will do a test installation to see how far we can automate the configuration for each user. If you have any documentation regarding the unattended setup of DWL I would appreciate a link to it.

Best regards,
Hermann

Clock1 mth

Hello Maurice,

for some special websites it is mandatory for us to use IE 11. I found some old links showing that DWL was available for Internet Explorer as well, but all new links are missing the links to the IE plugin. Can you tell me if there is any chance that you put that plugin back online? And yes, i know how bad it is to have to resort to IE, but we are bound to it for specific sites.

Thanks & best regards,
Hermann

Clock1 mth

Hello,

I am afraid to say that we will not publish those links anymore but I will send you the direct download link in a private message.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock25 days